Monday 24 March 2008

Painting white Easter weekend


So, this picture more or less summarizes my Easter weekend! I planned to paint both of our stairs (they are new and need three layers of paint), but that turned out to be way too ambitious for three days. I always seem to forget that preparing a painting job is actually much more work than painting itself! So, during the weekend I shifted the focus of painting two stairs towards painting one of them, and I didn't even make that... But seriously, why do people want to become a painter? I really don't understand. Painting sucks! It takes ages before you can start to paint, you keep sanding, degreasing, filling holes, etc., your back starts hurting after only two steps, and I could go like this on for a while... But, on the bright side, the stairs leading ("nowhere just for fun", quoting Tevje in Anatevka) to the attick now have two layers and look quite stunning already. A final layer should do the trick. Unfortunately, I'm a bit low on available time the coming few weeks.

Another picture worth posting, although not too original I'm affraid, is one of our view into the back yard when we woke up this morning. It was predicted, this snowy morning surprise, but it is still nice to open the curtains and see the world in white. The weather for Sunday was very poorly predicted, by the way. Bad weather with lots of rain and 'wintery showers' was announced, but in stead, we ended up having a clear blue sky the whole day! Decided to have a good long walk through the woods with the dog, which was appreciated all too well.

No comments: