Monday 6 October 2008

Sweet home Chicago


This morning I left Bloomington and took off to Chicago. I will be staying here for a couple of days (I'm leaving Wednesday afternoon). I arrived in Chicago around noon and I'm staying in the HI hostel right in the old city centre. I did not really do a lot today, just some wondering around and some shopping (the pad lock I brought for the safe in my room did not fit, I finished my book, etc.).

The weather was not really great, which made the city look a bit gloomy. Later in the afternoon the rain stopped, fortunately. Right now I am considering what to do in the two and a half days that I have left here. A few things that are definitely on my to do list are Wired NextFest, the Art Institute, and the Museum of Contemporary Art. Of course I will do more shopping (Icebreaker retailers, Apple store, here I come!) and any other suggestions for activities in Chicago are more than welcome!

No comments: