Sunday 20 April 2008

Sunny Sunday


Finally... Sun! Spring! Garden! No winter coat! Sunscreen (I burn easily)! In short, great weather today... Here's a visual impression of our Sunday, mostly consisting of breakfast and some reading in the garden (have reached part 4 of "Het Bureau", which I really recommend - mind the resemblance between our cat and the one on the book cover!), and a long walk through a lovely South Limburg landscape (lots of blossoms at the moment).

Another topic: my new job... Lots of people have asked me whether I like it, which is quite hard to answer after only a few weeks. But let's give it a try! So far, I like it. I like the projects we're working on (both applied and more fundamental stuff, cool project partners including cultural and arts centres, a senior home, other research institutions, etc., and nice techy topics), my colleagues are friendly and the city of Leuven is really charming. Driving back and forth is not too bad (it's about an hour and hardly any traffic jams), but in rainy weather traffic is lots heavier and because of road work I have to drive through lots of small villages (including traffic lights) before I can hit the highway on my way back. One slightly negative point is the fact that our office is located in the basement of a building and that our view consists of a concrete wall about one meter from the windows... One plus of this: weather-wise it's great, you don't have to watch depressing grey and rainy skies all day, while bright, sunny weather can't nag you while sitting inside!

No comments: